A new release of VeraType is out. New features include:
– Added export to SVG. Can import into Illustrator
– Added export to FXG. Can import into Flex
– Added support for background image in export to SVG, FXG, and HTML
– Improved fidelity of HTML export
– Added SVG copy to clipboard
– Added FXG copy to clipboard
– Fixed numerous bugs
1. In VeraType open an image and make any adjustments:
2. Press the save icon and select FXG or SVG:
3. Save it to the same directory as the picture you loaded and then open it in Illustrator:
You may get an warning that the original image can’t be found. This means that the background image is in a different directory than the one you exported to.
If you try to replace it it doesn’t always end up in the correct place. To fix it, copy and paste the background image to the same directory as your exported SVG, FXG or HTML page and then open it again.
You’ll notice that the layers are named and the text is selectable.
If you export to FXG multiple lines of text are selectable. If you export to SVG only single lines are selectable. If you export to HTML multiple lines of text are selectable.
When viewed in the web page the image is centered. You can view the HTML source code. There are instructions in the code in the CSS section to remove centering.
You can edit the page with a text editor and save it again. Simply, you change margin “auto” to “0” in the container selector and save and it will be aligned to the left instead of centered.
Export to Multiple Sizes is a script for Photoshop to export your work to multiple sizes. When creating icons for mobile or desktop applications you must export your application icon to over twenty five different sizes. Now you can choose a target platform (or create your own sizes list) and export them all at once!
* Easy to use
* Export to iOS, Android and AIR or your own custom export group
* Exports desktop, mobile and tablet icon sizes
* Exports app descriptor XML for icons for AIR
* Resizes from highest quality resolution
* Can set custom sizes
* Can set quality, image format, resample method and include the color profile
* Preserves aspect ratio
Price – $4.95 (Requires Photoshop CS5+. Mac and Windows)
tags: Photoshop, Photoshop script, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, AIR, mobile, desktop, app, Google Play, App Store, icon, image, bitmap, resize, export, save as, save for web
Password Manager allows you to easily create secure passwords. Using anything less than 12 character password is not secure. Short passwords can be hacked within 6-12 hours. Passwords using common words can be hacked even quicker. I wrote this application because creating unique passwords using random letters, numbers and characters of significant length is the most secure way to protect your accounts.
Whenever I create a new account for a web site whether it is a social media site or a bank site I open this app and generate a secure password of at least 16 characters in length. With one click I’ve copied a secure, hidden password to the clipboard where it is ready to use. I don’t have to create one myself every time. I don’t have to remember it because the browser will (Firefox) or I can just request a password reset from the site and create a new secure password.
* Automatically creates 6 secure passwords when opened
* Automatically copies the password you choose to the clipboard. No pressing CTRL + C.
* Automatically obscures the password. Show or hide within the application. Prevent onlookers. Great for use in a public setting.
* Create your own custom password as required by websites including numbers, letters, mixed case, non letter characters and fixed size
* Change the length of the password up to 1024 characters
Price – $4.95 Free (Mac or Windows)
This is now a free download. I figure if your computer gets hacked you can’t purchase any of my other products. The download is here.
AIR Play is Apple’s software used to stream video or audio to an Apple TV. Occasionally it gets stuck and the video and / or audio doesn’t stream to the device. This software fixes many of those issues. Whenever this occurs I open this app, click the restart button and almost instantly AIR Play is working again.
Note! This application restarts core audio similar to going to the command line. If you are comfortable doing that then you do not need this app. This wraps up that functionality and gives you instructions so you can use it whenever you need it.
* Easy to see icon
* One click restart
* Fixes numerous AIR Play issues
Price – $.99 (Mac)
NOTE: This does not work with the new version of OS X 10.11 or greater. A workaround is being worked on.
tags: AIR Play, Apple TV, audio not streaming, no audio, no apple tv, no apple devices, mac
This app helps you create alternative art, typography, email messages, forum, code, pictures and more. Take your favorite photos and create new and exciting text and photo art.
Once they are in text you can email them in emails when you can’t attach an image. You can post them in forums with your signature. You can post them in chat messages. You can even type up your own message and shape it into any image. Anywhere that you can post text you can post text art images. You can also export them as images.
* Adjust image levels to achieve maximum quality
* Control density of image (characters per line)
* Adjust font size
* Set resolution scale
* Copy to clipboard
* Open image from the image gallery
* Preview and switch between original image and text
* Dimensions in pixels, millimeters, inches and characters
* Save to file
* Send in email
* Speed improvements
Coming soon to iOS! Click here to be notified when it is released!